Benefits of Abstinence
The abundant blessings & benefits of living a lifestyle of purity & abstinence are innumerable!
- Clear conscience & Peace of mind in one’s current life and future relationships & marriage.
- More self-respect and more respect for each other and respected by other people.
- Respect precedes love — premarital sex only throws away self-respect and one’s partner’s.
- You enter marriage with a more positive outlook and without carrying emotional baggage.
- Personal freedom for both of you and your (future) marriage partner.
- Significantly better chance in a having more satisfying and more stable marriage.
- Longer lasting relationship: Premarital sex surprisingly breaks up more dating couples than any other factor.
- No comparing or being compared sexually in marriage. It also means, “being free to enjoy maximum sex, maximum leisure, maximum satisfaction, and maximum liberty, in the way the Creator intended” that is in the covenant of marriage.
- No worries about pregnancy and STDs. Less worries about bad reputation.
- It’s a fact that persons and couples who have premarital sex are more likely to have extramarital affairs.
- Premarital sex often fools a person into marrying someone who really isn’t right for them.
- You don’t have to put yourself under someone else’s mercy not to reject you.
- It’s still a fact, that the more “experienced” guys and girls are generally less desirable and less respected as dating or marriage partners.
- Realize there is a 98 percent chance you will never marry the person you date in high school. It is always better to keep yourself pure for the right person, that is your future wife or husband.